Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We made it!

Note: I blogged while we were on our trip. I was just a little nervous to post it while we were gone due to some people who might take advantage of the fact that we were out of town {a.k.a. robbers}. So, this is the morning of day two when I’m writing a summary of day one.

After a nice {long} drive, we have finally made it here to the mountains! Now, I know what you’re probably thinking.

IMG_3646

“If you’re in the mountains, why in the heck are you on the computer blog posting?”

Well….let me answer that for you. My lovely alarm clock I like to call my brain woke me up at 6:30 this morning. I couldn’t go back to sleep. After all, it’s really 7:30 here and the sun was shining what seemed to be right into my face. So, why not be somewhat productive and drink a coke {my substitute for yucky coffee, eat some cookies {homemade}, and blog a little?

IMG_3651

IMG_3652

We got here yesterday around 3:30 {eastern}. When we got to the place to pick up our rental information, they informed us that we had a cabin swap. The poor girl at the front desk could probably see by my face a state of worry of what we were transferred to, so she immediately offered to show us pictures of our new humble abode’ for the next few days. After seeing the pictures, I knew they had made a good choice and that everything would go fine.

IMG_3663

We unloaded and changed clothes since it was burning up hot when we got here {not the cooler I expected}, so we could head out for what seems to be a tradition in my family when you arrive here….we went to Cades Cove.

IMG_3708

Not our best trip through either. No wildlife. Idiots who think Cades Cove is  raceway and want to honk their horns when people don’t go fast enough for them. In addition, these idiots also drove LOUD motorcycles and would proceed to “rev” them up when they were irritated. Needless to say, I was glad when they were gone. I hope to have better luck with that today.

IMG_3705

IMG_3718

Oh, and I almost forgot! Can someone explain this picture for me?

IMG_3658

I may have missed the memo or something, but I have never heard of “broasted” chicken! What in the world?

I hope all of my teacher friends are having a wonderful SPRING BREAK!!!! And, I hope the rest of you all are having a terrific week!

3 comments:

  1. Love your pictures!!!! You have never heard of "broasted" chicken? haha you are silly :) Our Dairy Queen in my home town had "broasted" chicken!

    I hope y'all have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad you had a bad time in Cades Cove!!! Justin and I camp there everytime we go to Gatlinburg. The bears are still hybernating, that's why you haven't seen any. Best time to go is mid-May. That's when they come out and they are EVERYWEHRE! They tend to go to that road that goes between the loop. Do you know what I'm talking about? Once you drive in, about halfway down the road, you can turn left and go through the fields. That's where the bears usually go because it's very shaded and there's a ton of trees for them to climb in, but you can see them from the road. I hope you have a better time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope y'all are having a good time. I heard Colby's horse (or was it your horse) went a little wild the other day. I hope he is ok.

    ReplyDelete