Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow…errr Ice Day!

Well, luckily I made a trip to the grocery store on Monday afternoon afterschool to stock up on a few groceries because we are homebound due to all of the ICE that’s covering nearly every surface.

IMG_6585

IMG_6594

No worries here though! A state of emergency means that we don’t have to makeup these days up {we hope!}. That means three free days with my baby! It’s been terrific getting to spend time with him that I normally wouldn’t have.

IMG_6646

I bundled him up this morning and took him outside for the quickest photo shoot ever. I brought his white rocking chair outside, and I began snapping.

IMG_6606

For now, there’s a fire in the fireplace, and we are doing absolutely nothing! Other than playing and eating and watching television! It’s the best way to spend this surprise winter break.

IMG_6591

Remember those door hangers I made? I think they’re rather fitting {more now than the day of the party}.

While I’m glad we had a little wintry weather, I seriously can’t wait for some spring weather. Things just aren’t really that pretty in the winter like they are in the spring and summer. I prefer green grass over brown and flowers {even though I tend to kill them}. I’m not equipped for cold weather. Warm is more my style!

I hope you all are staying safe and off the roads! When you stay off the roads, you keep my husband safer, too. Enjoy your extra day off!

1 comment:

  1. Love the up close pic with the blue and white! A good one to frame. He is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete