Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Project Christmas Present

I haven’t even ordered Landry’s birthday present, and I’m already planning his Christmas present.

After suggestions from a few BGSG readers, I started watching Fixer Upper on HGTV.

Fell. In. Love.

Wish they would let me work with them. Or style my house. Or just meet them.

If you’ve never watched it, you’re missing out. Seriously. Joanna’s style is perfect, and I may or may not lust over her farmhouse.

She fixed up an old ranch home that had elements in it that I simply adored. I’ll talk more on that later.

For now though, let’s focus on this cute little farmhouse kids table and chairs. As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed it for Landry and all of his future coloring escapades.

kids farm table

I think this would be totally doable and a perfect addition to my office. I’ve already figured out that I’m going to have to make an area for him if I plan on getting any work done.

All they did was make a table top and attach four cut off table legs. My crafty daddy can totally make this table if I provide the legs. I, of course, could stain and paint and distress it, so it can meet the style you all know I love.

So…all of you antique and junk store shoppers. Be on the lookout for four table legs and four children’s chairs. The chairs can be just like in the picture {two pairs of matching chairs}.

I’ve also got my dad on the toolbox creation like what’s on the table. He’s already made me one super cute barn wood one to hold mason jars full of flowers. I’ve got to get the mason jars, so I can show it off with my lovely lime light hydrangea blooms. Cross your fingers that those blooms will last until his birthday!

Hope you’re all having a terrific week! We’re looking forward to meeting two new babies in a matter of days! My best friend and my SIL are having babies possibly on Sunday and Monday. One in Pensacola. One in Auburn. They’re keeping me on my toes, but I can hardly contain my excitement about these new little bundles of joy! I can see now that this time every year will be busy with birthday parties. Stay tuned to see some cute babies coming your way!

P.S. Go check out Joanna’s blog at Magnolia. It’s worth your time.

1 comment:

  1. Brewton Walmart has vintage mason jars. You may want to check it out

    ReplyDelete